Wednesday, February 9, 2011

HoPe

Hope - what a powerful four-letter word.  I looked the meaning up and found this ...


  1. want or expect something: to have a wish to get or do something or for something to happen or be true, especially something that seems possible or likely
  2. confident desire: a feeling that something desirable is likely to happen
  3. likelihood of success: a chance that something desirable will happen or be possible
Have you given up hope?  It's easy to get to that point sometimes with certain situations.  After all, when you hope and hope and nothing happens - then what?   Then where do you turn?  You say "I give up,"  but what does that mean?  You give up hoping, you give up wanting, you give up living ... what? 

I say "no way"!  I won't give up hoping - wanting - expecting ... because my hope is in God.  And as long as my hope is in Him - and not in my own abilities, my own desires, my own self - then my hope is based on truth and truth alone.

Psalm 33:18 tells me that His eyes are on those of us who fear Him, whose hope is in His unfailing love.  

His love is boundless.  It's far beyond my capacity to understand for it is true unconditional love.  No matter how many times I say my love is unconditional - I find myself at some point or another putting conditions on it.  Maybe you're way past that - but then again maybe you aren't.

Where's your hope today?  What are you hoping for?  Is it for Him to fulfill His promises??  Well then, I have great news for you!  His promises are "yeah and amen", and He is incapable of breaking His promises!  Woohoo!  That should start your day off right!

Read Psalm 119 today.  It is full of reasons to hope!  You know I "googled" hope this morning and found 471,000,000 results!  Just think about that!




No comments:

Post a Comment