Monday, April 20, 2009

WORDS TO LIVE BY

Hebrews 6:13-20
13For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself,

14Saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee.

15And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise.

16For men verily swear by the greater: and an oath for confirmation is to them an end of all strife.

17Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath:

18That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:

19Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;

20Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

WORDS TO LIVE BY

God has proclaimed, attested, declared Himself that all of His promises are applied to me. This puts an end to all arguments over whether I will receive them or not. I will receive the promise!

God wanted to make the unchangeable nature of His purpose very clear to me so that I could fully understand His intentions. So ... He confirmed His promises to me on an oath. He did this so I could be greatly encouraged and patiently perservere (did you get that??? remember...tribulation works patience so why are you surprised at the tribulation in your life???) until the promise is manifested; for I know that it is absolutely impossible for God to lie.

This hope (the fact that God does not lie and that He proclaimed I would receive His promise) is an anchor for my soul. He Himself is my High Priest and the surety of the promises to me.

I know in whom I have believed, and I am RADICALLY persuaded that He is able to keep ALL that I have committed to Him. BUT IF NOT, even if I lose my physical life and all my earthly possessions - just look at all Ihave gained!

Life's Little Nuggets
People of mediocre ability sometimes achieve outstanding success because they don't know when to quit. Most men succeed because they are determined to. ~George Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment