Tuesday, February 10, 2009

WORDS TO LIVE BY

Luke 13:23-29 KJV
23Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,

24Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

25When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:

26Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.

27But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

28There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

29And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.

WORDS TO LIVE BY
My heavenly Father has not made it difficult to become His child, but walking in my rights as His son/daughter is another matter all together.

Operating in the priciples of the kingdom of heaven takes tremendous effort on my part. I must strive, struggle, fight and force my way through the narrow passage that leads to its blessings.

My eyes are ever-focused on Jesus. I do all things in the manner in which He has both commanded and shown me by His example.

It makes no difference where I was born, what my race is, how many times I've prayed or how many times I've read my Bible...if I do not operate in the principles of the kingdom in the way that Jesus has commanded, I will not walk in its blessings.

All of the things of God, including being saved and walking in His blessings must be done His way. Therefore, I choose to be a doer of the Word and an operator of the principles He has commanded me to walk in.

Through hard work, tenacity, perseverance, constancy and faithfulness, I have become one of the many who sit down and feast at the Lord's table in the kingdom of God.


Nuggets of Gold

No one is a firmer believer in the power of prayer than the devil; not that he practices it, but he suffers from it. ~Guy King

No comments:

Post a Comment