Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday's Feature

My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word. Psalm 119:28

Do you ever feel just plain weary? Weary - beyond tired, beyond exhausted, beyond impatient, beyond strained and stressed - just weary?? I do! And it's in those times that we feel most vulnerable to the attack of the enemy. It's in those times that we wonder, "O God, are you really with me? Where are you? I need some assurance that you will deliver me from this." We become like the children of Israel and lose sight of all that God has brought us through. We forget that He has promised to be with us even unto the end.

I'm so grateful God knows what we're feeling and what we need at all times. His Word is food for my hungry soul and rest for my weary motherboard! And I'm thankful that He does NOT grow weary, but He is our source for strength, for peace, for everything that we want and/or need.

I'm reminded of Isaiah 40:27-29 ... (NLT)
O Jacob how can you say the Lord does not see your troubles? O Israel, how can you say God ignores your rights? Have you never heard? Have you never understood? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth. He never grows weak or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding. He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless.

As His children we have full access to His throne, and He is faithful to make a way for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment