Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thursday's Thoughts

He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake.
Psalms 23:3

Let me encourage you: Regardless of how bad you think your circumstances may be, there is a path out—there is no limit to God’s power to restore you. It begins with repentance and the willingness to return to the point of your past failure to retake the test. Once you past the test, you may find yourself walking and talking a new way.

Okay, I’ve made my mind up. I know what to touch and what not to touch. I know where to go and where not to go. I know what to do, and what not to do, I’ve learned from my mistakes. Now how do I get from here to there?
I’m going back!

Don’t be surprised if God sends you back to bring good news, hope, and deliverance to others just like you! He did it with Gehazi and his sons.

What would have happened had the four lepers listened to logic or heeded their painful memories and just enjoyed their own private meal and personal treasure trove? I’m convinced they would not have been healed had they chosen not to pass the test of the silver and garments.

Their city and nation would have fallen into destruction and ultimate captivity sooner rather than later. The Syrian army would have caught on soon enough to return and reclaim everything the lepers tried to take in secret.

The four lepers answered the question, “ Where to from here?” Once they learned the way back, they chose to go back and face the risk of rejection. They marched back to their city to share their good news from God, and I believe they were healed as they went.

Again, let me tell you as plainly as I can— I’m talking about something I do not know. I do not know how Gehazi was restored. But I believe he was. I do not know how Gehazi got healed. I just know he did. This is the ultimate proof that God does His best work in secret.

The way out of hell is back to the place where everything went wrong. It always starts with repentance and a second chance to do things right. You can always count on the Lord to lead you in the direction of light and life. No matter where you find yourself in this moment, God is with you. Just call on His name.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.
-Flora Whittemore-

No comments:

Post a Comment