Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday's Feature

From the pen of my "other" daughter, friend and missions partner...


I found myself struggling recently with difficulties and listening to good Christian friends, some of whom I have had for more than 20 years, talk about their struggles. This has made me think again about why we Christians struggle. Each time I listened to my friends the end result was the same. All I can do is pray. When difficult situations come my way I have only one thing to remember. If Christ never does one more thing for me- he has already given me much more than I ever deserved. His mercy and grace have truly given me a new lease on life. If you look at life circumstances, I should be dead or in a hospital today. There is no way to wrap your mind around how Christ effortlessly redirected my life from a path of death to a path of life. Then why do I struggle? I can see two possible reasons. The first is that he is allowing struggles so that I can grow and become stronger. I believe that this is in part what I have been facing. The second is that when hard times come I have a tendency to look at the difficult situation around me and take my eyes off him. Like Peter I stop focusing on Jesus and start focusing on the storm raging in or around me. Thank God that when I take my eyes off him he doesn’t take his eyes off me. He is there – softly calling for me to lift my eyes. The enemy doesn’t have the last say. He can whisper all my short comings in my ear but it’s my choice not to listen.
Christ has covered all my sins.
Christ has redeemed me.
Christ is my deliverer.
Christ is my healer.
Christ is my counselor.
The Lord is my strength.
The Lord is my rock.
The Lord is my hiding place.
He is my financial advisor.
He is my Father.
He is my advisor.
I thank Him for the reminder, ever how painful, that he is in control. If I need to be put through the fire over and over to become what he wants me to be… Then Please Lord put me through the fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment