Friday, April 3, 2009

WORDS TO LIVE BY

Psalm 112:1-10 (New International Version)

1 Praise the LORD.
Blessed is the man who fears the LORD,
who finds great delight in his commands.

2 His children will be mighty in the land;
the generation of the upright will be blessed.

3 Wealth and riches are in his house,
and his righteousness endures forever.

4 Even in darkness light dawns for the upright,
for the gracious and compassionate and righteous man.

5 Good will come to him who is generous and lends freely,
who conducts his affairs with justice.

6 Surely he will never be shaken;
a righteous man will be remembered forever.

7 He will have no fear of bad news;
his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD.

8 His heart is secure, he will have no fear;
in the end he will look in triumph on his foes.

9 He has scattered abroad his gifts to the poor,
his righteousness endures forever;
his horn will be lifted high in honor.

10 The wicked man will see and be vexed,
he will gnash his teeth and waste away;
the longings of the wicked will come to nothing.

WORDS TO LIVE BY

I give proper reverence to my heavenly Father, and find great delight in His precepts. I am blessed in all that I do. Wealth and abundance of riches are in my house, and my righteousness has no end. I am gracious and compassionate just like my Father. Darkness turns to light in my presence. With me, there is no darkness at all.

Good things rain down on me continually, for I have learned the blessings of generosity and give freely for the advancement of God's kingdom.

I am known as a just and righteous person. I distribute gifts regularlyt o those in need, and the resulting righteousness endures forever. When bad news comes, I am not shaken. When the spirit of fear comes against me, I face it with courage. Ik now the One in whom my trust is set, and my victory in the end is absolutely certain!

Nuggets

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there. ~Josh Billings

No comments:

Post a Comment