Monday, February 16, 2009

WORDS TO LIVE BY

John 4:34-38 (King James Version)

34Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

35Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.

36And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together.

37And herein is that saying true, One soweth, and another reapeth.

38I sent you to reap that whereon ye bestowed no labour: other men laboured, and ye are entered into their labours.

WORDS TO LIVE BY

My fulfillment in life is to do the will of my heavenly Father and to accomplish what He has called me to do.

I haven't become a reaper in the harvest fields of the Lord. There are multitudes that cannot be counted who are ready to receive the Gospel and I am called to proclaim it to them.

I neither plan nor tend the cop. The time of planting and tending is over--the fields are already white unto harvest. My purpose is to reap soul into the kingdom.

NUGGETS OF LIFE

God does not delay to hear our prayers because He has no mind to give; but that, by enlarging our desires, He may give us the more largely. ~ Anselm of Canterbury

No comments:

Post a Comment