Thursday, February 12, 2009

WORDS TO LIVE BY

John 13:13-17 (New International Version)

13"You call me 'Teacher' and 'Lord,' and rightly so, for that is what I am. 14Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. 15I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. 16I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. 17Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.


WORDS TO LIVE BY

Jesus is my mentor and the Lord of my life. He has left me an example of the greatest servitude the world has ever known.

I will do as He did and wash the feet of my brothers and sisters in Christ through my servitude. I will seek the real good and benefit of others through humble service. With a tender heart of compassion, I will take the time to do good to those around me. Through this generosity of service and willingness to give of myself to others, no matter how humbling the service may be, I store up favor upon favor for myself and blessing upon blessing.


NUGGETS OF GOLD

May I become at all times, both now and forever
A protector for those without protection
A guide for those who have lost their way
A ship for those with oceans to cross
A bridge for those with rivers to cross
A sanctuary for those in danger
A lamp for those without light
A place of refuge for those who lack shelter
And a servant to all in need.
[Anonymous]

No comments:

Post a Comment